In the world of ecommerce, competition is fierce. Shopify has become one of the most popular ways to sell online and whether you are just getting started or have a store already, you want to make sure you are employing the right tactics to drive more sales.
Below are 7 tips to help you boost
sales to your Shopify store.
1. Site navigation
When a customer comes to your website, they want and need to be able to navigate through it with ease. This not only makes it more likely for them to make a purchase, but it will also bring them back in the future. As a good practice, have friends and family visit your site to see what their experience is. You can also use a tool like Usability Hub to see how users are navigating through your website.
2. Site speed
The speed at which your site loads is essential. Most customers will abandon your site if it does not load within three seconds or less. With all the competition out there, there is not room for error here. Not to mention that site speed is an important google ranking factor as well. A slow site equals decreased sales.
3. Use Cart Abandonment Emails
Abandonment cart emails are a highly effective tool to help salvage potentially lost business. With these emails you get the opportunity to provide your customers with a reminder about their incomplete purchase and encourage them to complete it. By doing this, you will be able to recapture sales and boost revenue.
4. Improve Your Email Campaigns
If you have not started collecting your customer’s email addresses, now is the time. For those of you who have a nice database going, you need to be sending out emails on a regular basis. Here are some occasions when you should be sending one out:
- When someone signs up, you should always send out a welcome email. These tend to have some of the highest open rates of any marketing emails.
- When an order is being processed. Send out an email letting them know this and another email when the item is being shipped. People want to be informed of the process every step of the way.
- When it is email newsletter time, you should have an email newsletter set up that informs subscribers of any new products, sales, fun company news etc.
5. Boost your product reviews
Testimonials and product reviews are like gold for any business. By adding product reviews to your store, you can help boost your conversion rates immensely. This is for two specific reasons:
- Social proof: People trust the words of other users more than anything else. They get to see immediately what customers have to say about the product they are thinking about purchasing.
- SEO: When you have product reviews on your website, your are boosting the the amount of content on any given page and that in turn gives you a better chance of hitting a few long tail keywords.
6. Connect with your visitors
Asking visitors to subscribe to your email newsletter is good but there are additional ways to connect with them that will help boost their experience with your storefront. Here are some ways you can engage more with your visitors:
- Make social media follow buttons more prominent on your homepage. Just make sure your accounts are actively managed. You don’t want someone going to your Facebook page where you have not posted anything for two months.
- If you have a blog, and you should, try to feature it more. This will help your business connect with your followers more and also help your SEO ranking.
- Offer special sales every now and again. Everyone loves a good sale.
7. Upsell Your Products
We have all considered a product where we are then offered to upgrade to something more expensive. And according to studies, more times than not, it works. Sometimes customers are not aware of a more fitting product. You do have to keep in mind a couple of things for upselling to be successful:
- The product you are trying to get them to upgrade to should be related to the original product.
- Keep in mind the price of the original product. People will often have that price set in their mind, so the upgrade you are pushing should be obviously better than the original.
Whether you own a Shopify ecommerce store or are planning on starting one, you need the right tactics to help you boost sales. The above list of tactics will help get you on your way to boosting sales and traffic.